Sunday, November 09, 2008

Stuck between 4 and 77


I live in Bowmanville. It's a small triangle shaped neigborhood on the north side of Chicago.
Everybody talks about Chicago being a City of Neighborhoods but everybody knows that those neighborhoods are ever changing. Moving and stretching. Determined mostly by the people who inhabit them. But also determined by Real Estate Agents renaming neighborhoods that our "hot" to sale their wares.

But back in the 20s the City of Chicago did their best to put some parameters in place that would give Chicagoans a better idea of where they live.

You can see the map here.

Technically, I live in the community of Lincoln Square (4). The street at the end of my block, just four houses down, is the border street between Lincoln Square and Edgewater (77). I sometimes tell people tht I live in Andersonville (which is in Edgewater) because it is a much more widely known neighborhood.

So thus, I'm stuck between 4 and 77.

Officially, I live in Bowmanville. Bowmanville is a neighborhood within the boundries of the Community of Lincoln Square. In Chicago. Illinois. The United States of America.

Just thought I'd share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home