Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Alarm Clock.

so this was my morning wake up call.

the lot next door to our house will soon be a two story singe family home. they begun construction a couple of weeks ago and things seem to be progressing well...good for them!!!

meanwhile...they've completely demolished MY front yard, damaged part of my sidewalk, and this morning... this is what i see when i walk out the door to go to work.

that's my car surrounded by cones. the metal sheet i was parked on was moved out from under my wheel leaving my car hovering over a large hole in the street.

"um....that's my car."

"Oh."

pause...."Can you give us five or ten minutes?"

not that i have a choice, really.

twenty minutes later they finally slide the plate back and move the large truck out of the middle of the street and i can now go to work.

they say there are two seasons in chicago.

winter and contstruction.

this morning i was in the middle of both.

1 Comments:

Blogger tim said...

you should have asked them if they know a good place for a cheap lace doilies.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home