Thursday, January 08, 2009

boomer sooner.

I'm very excited today. Today the Sooners will play in the BCS National Championship. I've been a sooner fan since I was wee because my dad went to school there. and because they are awesome.

When I was in Sixth grade i dressed up as a Sooner Fan for Halloween. I wore Sooner pants, Sooner shirts, Sooner coat, Sooner hat, and anything else I could carry that said OU on it. Being that I was in Arkansas, I didn't win the costume contest.

We (my mom, dad, brother and I) went to the Orange Bowl on January 1st 1987 when we trounced the Arkansas Razorbacks. I believe I wore my shirt to school the first day back.

I think the BCS is a mess and I would have loved to play Texas again in the Big 12 championship but that's not the way it works. Oh well.

Oddly enough, last summer, before the football season began, I was joking with a friend about using the calendar on my centro and we "scheduled" the date of January 8th with the title "Good Things."

Good things, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home