Thursday, April 22, 2010

Step number one in being a writer...

Write something.
I wrote this for a Sprint contest and submitted it:

Okay. Here's the deal. I know it sounds crazy but I can grow a beard really fast. I'm not braggin'. I'm just sayin'. I've got a video to prove it but that's not why I'm here. I'm here to tell you about this wonderful thing that I can do very quickly. Here it is: I can, believe it, or not, tie my shoes in less than a minute. I know what you're thinking. "Under a MINUTE?!? That's Incredible!" I know. It is. But there is really nothing magical about it. It just. takes. practice. You build up stamina and agility and eventually it just flows, you know? So, Chin up. With determination, you'll get there.

then I read the rules...had to be at least 150 words. Whoops. This is like 115 or something.

Oh, well. Guess I won't win a Sprint phone. and I guess I'm not a writer.

or am just a rebellious writer who can't be put in a box?
I mean, it IS "published" on my "blog."
So... does that mean I'm a writer?
If so, when do the checks start arriving?
Kyle
p.s. another one of the rules was that this work has not been previously broadcast or otherwise distributed or disseminated in any media or format. So now, I'm REALLY not going to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home